I have been working a lot on my XMPP service at jwchat.org recently. The idea was to bring you more security, privacy and modern features. In detail what has changed:
- Use letsencrypt to automatically create and renew SSL certificates for all domains hosted (jwchat.org, x-berg.de and blogsport.eu currently).
- Updated DB-Schema to be able to support ejabberd’s new and shiny stuff.
- This makes Message Archive Management work! (you need a client that supports it)
- And enabled me to convert passwords to SCRAM-SHA1 hash. (no more cleartext passwords)
- Re-introduce means to register and manage accounts. Kudos to Mathias Ertl and jabber.at!
- Fix imprint.
I hope you’ll enjoy the extended and improved service.
If you want to have your own XMPP (Jabber) server hosted, feel free to contact me!