ezmlm on debian with dotdeb broken

Today I discovered my ezmlm-idx hasn’t been working anymore. Unfortunately this hasn’t been noticed for quite some time. I’m using the precompiled qmail stack from dotdeb.org. What I found in my logs was

ezmlm-send:_fatal:_temporary_qmail-queue_error:_unable_to_exec_qq_(#4.3.0)/ezmlm-gate:_fatal:_temporary_error_from_child/
Now that got me real headaches as there aren’t many useful results on google for this topic. The more I was surprised when I found out what caused the problem (thanks to ‘strace -f’): ezmlm was expecting qmail-queue to be found at /var/lib/qmail/bin. While it’s actually at /usr/sbin/qmail-queue. Adding a symlink to it fixed the issue for me.

Comments are closed