JSJaC v1.2

Today I released JSJaC v1.2. New with this release are a set of functions to make coding easier like packet.errorReply, iq.reply, con.registerIQSet/Get and con.sendIQ. Events are able to bubble now from closest matching handler to most generic handler and of course bubbling of events can now be stopped.
I’ve also added a copy of JSDoc for your convenience to make creating documentation more reliant.

6 Responses to JSJaC v1.2

Comments

1. Comment by William Walsh | 2007/09/26 at 20:45:31

Overall, I would say a great improvement; looking good.

I do have a question though. While browsing through the code, I noticed support for the xml:lang attribute. On the other hand, I notice that jwchat doesn’t actually invoke that code.

Does the xml:lang support actually work or is it just a work in progress? I have something I would like to use it for if it does.

I would be using it on an Openfire server (3.3.3) if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
    Bill Walsh

2. Comment by Steve | 2007/10/09 at 09:18:18

xml:lang should work but I haven’t tried myself. JWChat doesn’t make use of it as I hadn’t time to deal with it yet.
    What concerns Openfire: I don’t know if it’s got support for xml:lang but I’m pretty sure it does.

3. Comment by TA Tyree | 2007/10/22 at 18:03:18

Hi Steve,

I’ve been using 1.2.1 and trying to make resume work against openfire 3.3.3 using http-bind and was wondering if there were known issues with this configuration? I can see the cookies being set and the JSON data looks ok, but simpleclient always throws a 500 error when I navigate away and return. I haven’t modified anything, and can’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work. That said, though, I’m still pretty green with jabber.

Thanks,
    Todd Tyree

4. Comment by Steve | 2007/10/22 at 18:16:23

Todd, I don’t know if JSJaC’s resume feature works with OpenFire. It works fine with Ejabberd though.

5. Comment by TA Tyree | 2007/10/22 at 18:50:25

Hi Steve,

Not sure it isn’t my OSX environment. I’ll check it with ejabberd and on my FC6 box just to be sure.

Thanks,
    Todd

6. Comment by Tobi | 2007/12/06 at 16:32:36

Hi Guys!
    Have You ever try the JSJaC with AIR? Because it not works for me. Any idea?
    Thanx